Fiona Uyema’s Sensational St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
French kitchen appliance brand, De Dietrich, have teamed up with Fused founder Fiona Uyema to help make your St.Patrick’s Day festive and delicious.
Ingredients (makes 6 cupcakes)
For the cupcake mix
- 2 eggs (preferably free range)
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g soft butter
- 125g self raising flour
- 1 tsp matcha powder
For the matcha icing
- 200g Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of matcha
- 110g soft butter cubes
- 20ml milk
- Matcha Pocky to decorate (available in Asian supermarkets)
- Preheat a fan oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahreinheit.
- Sieve the flour and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the flour.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the cupcake mix in an electric mixer for a few minutes or until it’s well mixed together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the baking tin. Using a large spoon to fill the cases over half-way with the batter.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the green icing, sieve the icing sugar and matcha together a few times to make sure the matcha powder is completely mixed into the icing sugar.
- Using an electric whisk, beat together the butter cubes and icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Finally add the milk and continue to whisk for a few more minutes.
- Use a piping bag to decorate the top of the cupcakes with the green icing.
- Break a few pocky sticks in half and place on top of the cupcake to finish decorating.
The De Dietrich “Twist, Click, Cook” technology enables anyone to emulate the precision and control of a professional chef. Simply twist the dial on the De Dietrich oven, click to begin the cooking process and let the oven do the hard work.
Available now from all leading appliance retailers nationwide or www.de-dietrich.ie.
The De Dietrich collection has been awarded the prestigious Red Dot Award for Product Design, a much sought after international design and innovation accolade. This is yet another example of the brand’s design expertise, ground-breaking concepts and innovative technology.
- The De Dietrich Multifunction Pyrolytic Oven was recently awarded the prestigious 2018 Good Housekeeping Institute Approved Endorsement.
- De Dietrich Multifunction Ovens are priced from €749/£629 and are available from KAL or AB Distributors.