Designers in the City
This Saturday 27th of April will take place the third edition of designers in the city Dublin at the Bernard Shaw from 11 am to 4 pm.
This event will be a market pop up store and two discussion panels about designs and sustainable consumption as this edition is linked to the fashion revolution week which will take place from the 22nd to 28th of April. This project aims to promote local, ethical and sustainable designers. The goal is to allow people to discover legit designers and makers who are passionate and sustainable through interviews and physical events as well as to promote a new way of consuming which is minimalism.
This event is free and you can expect to see and purchase items from 10 designers (Fashion, jewelry, paintings…) as well as to attend to 2 discussion panels.
Guest for the discussion panel:
First topic: What are the social and economic impacts of consumption?
- Jeffrey Roe, Founder of Dublin Maker: https://www.linkedin.com/in/roejeffrey/
- Lisa Wynne, Fashion Designer: http://www.lwynne.com/
- Eva Dawling, Green party candidate: https://www.linkedin.com/in/evadowling/
Second topic: Why is it important to pay attention to the designer behind the scene?
- Kassi Kassiani, Fashion designer: https://www.instagram.com/jkc_by_justkassi/
- Clare O’connor, Fashion designer: https://www.instagram.com/clareoconnor_designerscarves/
- Kristina McElroy, Fashion designer: https://www.instagram.com/slowfashionsalon/