Dublin Fashion Festival – Young Designer of The Year Finalists
Dublin Fashion Festival is delighted to announce the 12 Young Designer of the Year finalists for 2017. The 12 finalists and their designs will take part in a spectacular catwalk show taking place in the stunning surroundings of the Round Room, in the Mansion House, on Friday, 22nd September.
The 2017 Young Designer of the Year finalists are:
- Maria-Christina Mc Padden – Accademia costume e moda
- Rion O’ Donovan – Limerick School of Art and Design
- Claire Louise Rose Reidy – Griffith College Dublin
- Romy Blennerhassett – Griffith College Dublin
- Danielle McGregor – NCAD
- Aoife Eustace Doyle – Limerick School of Art and Design
- Mairead Dore – Limerick School of Art and Design
- Naomi Ajetunmobi – Grafton Academy of Fashion and Design
- Gráinne Wilson – Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT
- Safiye Salih – Griffith College Dublin
- Caoimhe Hill – NCAD
- Kate O’ Doherty – Limerick School of Art and Design
The 12 finalists were chosen by a select judging panel including renowned fashion photographer, Barry McCall; TV3 Xpose series producer, Debbie O’Donnell; Irish Independent’s fashion editor, Bairbre Power; owner of The Design Centre, Ashling Kilduff; Brown Thomas personal shopping manager, Katie McGrath; Arnotts head of personal shopping at Arnotts, Clara Halpin and Evoke.ie editor, Sybil Mulcahy.
The designers’ pieces will be showcased in front of key fashion media and influencers, including some of Ireland’s established designers and fashion buyers, as they compete for the title of Young Designer of the Year. Along with the coveted title prize, the winner will also get the invaluable opportunity to shoot a fashion portfolio with fashion photographer, Barry McCall.