Oh, can Life not just be One Continuous MUSIC FESTIVAL? Join us as we Relive the Vibe, the Music and of course the FASHION that make GLASTONBURY so Magical.
Glastonbury returned to Worthy Farm from June 22-26, 2022, after a 3 year hiatus. Three agonizingly long years if you’re a Glastonbury aficionado! Revelers (a whopping 200 00 who were lucky enough to have secured tickets) rocked up from all over the country and further afield to celebrate the return of this legendary jewel in the UK’s music calendar crown. To make it extra special, 2022 also marked the 50 iteration of Glastonbury. The stakes were enormous, the expectations even higher …
To get you up to speed, watch a 3 minute roundup of The Best of Glastonbury 2022 here:
And the mother of all music festivals lived up to every expectation and more. With headliners like the epic Sir Paul McCartney (at 80 the oldest headliner ever), pop sensation Billie Eilish (at 20 the youngest headliner) and rapper Kendrick Lamar (boasting no fewer that 14 awesome Grammy Awards), Glastonbury certainly came up with the goods: the obligatory mud, the odd but totally expected rain shower, the intermittent sunshine (yay!), the awesome music, the fun with a capital ‘F’ … and of course Glastonbury’s other inimitable ‘F’, its very own, unmitakable, signature … FASHION!
But first things first, here are a few music clips to get you properly in the mood ….
Watch legendary Diana Ross perform ‘Upside Down’ at Glastonbury 2022:
Watch a clip of Kendrick Lamar’s Glastonbury 2022 performance here:
Watch a clip of Billie Eilish’s Glastonbury 2022 performance here:
Watch a clip of Paul McCartney perform Band on the Run at Glastonbury 2022 here:
Watch Olivia Rodrigo perform with Lily Allen at Glastonbury 2022 here:
Although revelers were asked to pack light and think of the planet this year, the quintessential, signature music festival capsule collections were spotted everywhere – as it should be at any music festival worth its salt!
We thought it may be useful to share our list of essential MUST-HAVE FASHION pieces to guarantee the most memorable Glastonbury experience (we know you’re gagging to start planning your adventure for 2023 now already). Here’s what makes a trusty Glastonbury wardrobe, in no specific order:
- One statement piece – be creative: be you, but 100 times more ‘wow’!
- Copious quantities of fringe and tassels: bag, shoes, jewellery, shawl, clobber
- Faux fur – it gets cold … and you want to be toasty and glamorous
- Kimono – versatile and glam, glam, glam!
- Rain poncho – the funkier the better, it may be your most used item at the festival
- Vintage military jacket/ denim jacket – ripped and full of badges
- Leather jacket – the more badass the better
- Cropped and ripped denim shorts – standard uniform!
- Statement belt – think Moroccan, dripping with coins …
- Fringed hippy bag or sequined moon bag
- Temporary tattoos (if you don’t have real ones) or henna-ed embellisments
- Waistcoat – think Jimmy Hendrix, Prince or Kate Moss
- Flower headband – for that flower power Woodstock vibe
- Vintage rock band tee – must be original!
- Aztek patterned harem pants – comfy, cool and serves as PJs too
- Something crocheted, lacy or made of macrame
- Something rainbow, beaded, mother of pearl, rhinestone, feathered or tie-dyed
- Jade, amber and turquoise jewellery – exotic!
- LED accessories – for nighttime shimmer
- Butterfly wing shawl – an exotic extra layer
- Aviators or cat-eye sunshades – at least 2 pairs
- Ankle boots and fringed sandals
- Statement Wellies – unbeatable in the mud
- Statement hat or cap – think Che Guevara or Christian Audigier
- Leggings – ideally animal print or metallic
- A swimsuit – not for swimming obviously
- Statement accessories – face and body costume jewels
- Bandana – the older the better
We thought it would be fun to look towards both the high street and designer brands for some inspiration for 2023. Boho-chic high-end designers like Isabel Marant, Chloe and Etro often design with one eye firmly on the music festival scene – or so it seems to those of us with a perceptual set for music festivals … We’re not complaining, are you?
Here’s to some flights of fancy and also a few more down-to-earth, affordable options.
- Anthropologie UK
- Isabel Marant
- La Falaise Dion
- Lover Chic My Modern Met
- Oh So Boho
- Pascale Theard
- The Lot
GOODBYE GLASTONBURY, UNTIL 2023!