Pan-fried Salmon With Tenderstem Broccoli & Crispy Chickpeas
Promising maximum flavour with minimum effort, you’re bound to love this pan-fried salmon with tenderstem broccoli and crispy chickpeas. The salad’s zingy dressing brings all of the flavours together for a deliciously different dish, perfect for sharing.
TOTAL TIME: 25 Minutes
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
- 1 tbsp of olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 200g of tenderstem broccoli
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 small avocado, stone removed and sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- ½ tbsp of reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper, you can remove the skins if you prefer. Place on a greaseproof lined baking tray. Toss with olive oil, paprika and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes.Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Bring a pan of boiled water to a simmer. Add the tenderstem broccoli to a steamer and steam with the lid on for about 2 minutes until al-dente.
- While the tenderstem broccoli steams, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. When hot add the salmon, skin side down. Pan fry on a medium heat for about 4 minutes until crisp. Flip and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain the tenderstem broccoli, pat dry and plate. Add slices of avocado and toss with the dressing. Top with crispy chickpeas and salmon.
Recipe Courtesy Of Tenderstem.co.uk