Give The Ultimate Throwback Valentine’s Gift Courtesy Of Bumble!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Bumble, the women-first dating app, is giving people the chance to win a limited-edition Bumble Mixtape curated with songs of their choice*, so they can gift their crush with all the 90s nostalgic feels.
Our love of all things retro is real as the pandemic has triggered 64% of those surveyed to feel nostalgic, with 50% agreeing that thinking about simpler times in the 90s and 00s brought them comfort during all the uncertainty life has thrown at us of late.
It’s worth noting that this love doesn’t extend to our wardrobe as a mere 42% are excited to see the resurgence of 90s fashion in popular culture.
From the original social media sites and early music streaming platforms to dial-up internet and typing your love interest’s initials in your chatroom username. Remember? And handwriting a list of songs on the cassette box insert for the tape you made for your crush?
The launch of the Bumble Mixtape competition comes on the back of research that found 72% of women agree a personalised gift on Valentine’s Day is more romantic than a bunch of flowers, with a mixtape named as one of the most romantic gifts. Makes sense given the majority (80%) of us are appreciating the simpler things in life as a result of the pandemic.
Music and dating go hand-in-hand, with 64% using music as a topic to spark conversation when getting to know someone. According to data from Bumble, the most popular music genre badges displayed in Ireland are Rock, R&B and Indie.
With most of us agreeing that music is the romantic way to share your feelings it comes as little surprise that for the majority of us (74%) music evokes a sense of nostalgia with love interests past and present.
TOP 10 LOVE SONGS OF THE 90s**
- Love Is All Around – Wet Wet Wet
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- I’d Do Anything For Love – Meat Loaf
- How Deep Is Your Love – Take That
- My Love Is Your Love – Whitney Houston
- As Long As You Love Me – Backstreet Boys
- Fastlove – George Michael
- Love Me For A Reason – Boyzone
- I Love The Way You Love Me – Boyzone
- Don’t Let Go (Love) – En Vogue
For your chance to win a Bumble Mixtape follow the steps below:
• Download the Bumble app available for free on iOS and Android
• Set up your profile or login to the Bumble app
• Look out for the in-app card and match with the Bumble Mixtapes profile
• Fill in your details and input your song choices via the entry form
• You will be contacted if you are the winner
• If you’re a winner, you will be posted your Bumble Mixtape
* Research was conducted by Censuswide between 12th-17th January 2022 with a sample of 1,001 people in Ireland .
*Bumble will provide a list of 30 songs that topped the charts on Valentine’s Day weekend throughout the 90s [source: The Official Charts Company Database] and entrants will select the 10 they wish to be collated into a Bumble Mixtape for the recipient of their choice
**Top song on Valentine’s Day weekend throughout the 90s as listed on The Official Charts Company Database